- This event has passed.
Attune + Attend
September 19 @ 7:30 pm - October 31 @ 8:30 pmInsurance Based
ATTUNE + ATTEND
THE NEXT CLASSES BEGIN MONDAY SEPTEMBER 12
In response to the feedback of our previous Attune + Attend participants, we’ve expanded upon this group and are now offering it as a 6-7 week program! This extension will allow individuals to not only do the work but also receive education and therapeutic guidance from our therapist, Angie Young.
Trauma (whether acute or complex) doesn’t just affect the mind; it can also be held in the body. By incorporating trauma-informed practices we bring the body into therapy so individuals can begin to build a sense of safety and healing.
The approach of our Attune + Attend group is to address the trauma and anxiety stored in the body. Offer relief from body-based symptoms and promote relaxation through a unique blend of physical and emotional interventions. This trauma informed yoga class is led by Therapist + Trained Yoga Instructor, Angie Young LCSW, RYT200.
This group will include body-based intervention + self-regulation strategies to:
- Increase body awareness through yoga poses and functional movement/exercises. Doing this in a safe and controlled way, allows individuals to understand how to better connect with their minds and body.
- Polyvagal work addresses nervous system dysregulation, dissociation, and the feelings of disconnection from one’s body or surroundings.
- Emotional processing with breathwork + mindfulness to address and teach individuals how to connect with to the present moment in their everyday lives.
Attune + Attend Group Details.
- In person group open to individuals of any age looking to bring the body into therapy through intentional movement and exercises.
- Insurance-based group. Price is determined by the individual’s insurance and copay. To determine your price to attend Attune + Attend, please fill out the form below.
- CLASS BEGINS MONDAY SEPTEMBER 19th from 7:30 – 8:30 p.m.
- (see class schedule below)
- All equipment needed will be provided and available to use onsite at Your Story Counseling.
- LIMITED AVAILABILITY. Due to the structure of this group, we can only accommodate 5-6 individuals per class. First come, first serve basis so if you’re interested in attending all 6 classes please RSVP below!
Classes are filling up quickly! If you are interested in attending this group, but cannot attend in Septemver, please fill out the form below so we can notify you directly when more classes are available.